Do You believe in New Year Resolutions

Are you religious or are you a man of faith. Is your faith borne out of a relationship or out of moral mumbo jumbo? I rather mine be out of a relationship and you? How do you see these growing issues that's burning the world today? Please exchange ideas....
Forum rules
Are you religious or are you a man of faith. Is your faith borne out of a relationship or out of moral mumbo jumbo? I rather mine be out of a relationship and you? How do you see these growing issues that's burning the world today? Please exchange ideas....

Do You believe in New Year Resolutions

New postby Paul2 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:00 am

As we are few hours close to the end of the running year- 2010, alot of us are coming to their usual junction of "my new year resolution(s). :mrgreen:
Well then do you really think making one will get you through those " I need to stop ......" or is it the element of getting through it that truly matters? :?:
Some of us will be laughing out loud at those who have become so used to this annual ritual; just because they don't believe in it. :lol:

Please share with us what your views are....... :roll:
Paul2

Re: Do You believe in New Year Resolutions

New postby Pelida » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:35 pm

No, I really don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I can see why people make them since it's a brand new year and a fresh start, but people almost always quit them, to the point that it's almost expected to not make it. I think if you want to change yourself or your life, start today, whenever that is.
Pelida

New postby bennett » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:57 pm

I try to not put too much stock into it. Every year people make them and they break them. Why make yourself a promise that you know you won't end up keeping? I would rather set a goal that I will do everything in my power to reach but I don't need to announce it to the world. It is my personal thing, not something I need to share with the world.
bennett

New postby Fizzled » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Not at all. I find them to be a tad bit silly, in all honesty. However, my cousin's boyfriend had a great New Year's Resolution this past year. He asked my cousin to marry him! I thought it was cute, and even sort of romantic.
Fizzled

Return to Faith & Religion