Preach The Word

Are you religious or are you a man of faith. Is your faith borne out of a relationship or out of moral mumbo jumbo? I rather mine be out of a relationship and you? How do you see these growing issues that's burning the world today? Please exchange ideas....
Forum rules
Are you religious or are you a man of faith. Is your faith borne out of a relationship or out of moral mumbo jumbo? I rather mine be out of a relationship and you? How do you see these growing issues that's burning the world today? Please exchange ideas....

Preach The Word

New postby Meelpiste » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Over the last several years I have noticed a dangerous, intentional, and potentially catastrophic watering down of the Word of God in the Church in America. It seems that many teachers and preachers in our society are leaning more on their own abilities, personalities, charm, and sense of humor than they are on the living and active word of God. As a result of this word-abandoning, self-exalting approach to the pulpit on the Lord’s day, many weekly attendees are becoming biblically illiterate. The Church has been called to equip the Church with the Word, not with the charm, wit, cleverness and personality of the weekly speaker. How has this happened?
Paul warned of these days in the final chapter of his final letter to Timothy. The Apostle Paul laid out a serious challenge and command for to Timothy that if ignored would have spiritually grave consequences. He told him to, “…preach the word, be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time will come when they will no longer endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn aside from listening to the truth and wander off in to myths.” (2 Timothy 4:2-4)
When Paul looked at the desires and expectations of the society around him, he knew that the people were thirsty for a message that would meet their felt needs and condone their sinful habits. He knew that coming face to face with a Holy God on a weekly basis through the bold proclamation of the Gospel would become increasingly unpopular. He knew that the temptation of the preachers throughout the world was always going to be to give the people what they want, rather than preach to the people what they need. He knew that if Timothy wasn’t careful and if he didn’t guard the gospel, then the desires of the prevailing culture would begin to dictate the message of the preacher.
We are living in those days! Many Churches in America today are filled with people and even members who have “itching ears”. As a result, they have sought out cool, hip, culturally relevant, funny, and creative teachers to tell them exactly what they want to hear. Although they may be growing numerically, the truth is being abandoned and the hearts of the people are growing cold towards the reproving, rebuking, and exhorting ways of the Gospel.
Although we, as a ministry, cannot solve this problem on our own, we can certainly fight back. We have created the dailycreed devotional at dailycreed.com to deliver the word God daily in both written and video form to a world of people who really need to encounter the Word of God on a daily basis. Because we are not clever and charming, we have not been able to do this in a clever and charming way. However, it is biblical, and quite frankly, that is all that really matter.
For all who need to be reproved and rebuked and exhorted on a daily basis like me, we are seeking to deliver the word to your doorstep daily. I encourage you to give it a try and I trust that God will use His living and active word to enable you to stand firm for His truth and proclaim His gospel to both the His Church and His world.
Gospel
Meelpiste

Re: Preach The Word

New postby elizabethr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 am

We're looking at "Complying with God's Voice". How about we ask together before we go on any further: Lord, we thank You for Your quality with us, and we thank You that that is something we can depend on - to realize that You're here, You're with us, You're working by Your Holy Spirit. We thank You for every individual assembled here as well. We understand that they're vital to You, Lord. We simply ask that You will gravitate toward the present moment, Lord, that You will settle our hearts, that You will tune us in to Your Holy Spirit, and that there will be a genuine message from God for each of us this evening. I accept there are individuals yearning for reality, there are individuals here today hungry after You and experiences with You - there are individuals here that don't understand the amount they require You. Ruler, I ask that You will show up today around evening time, and if there are individuals who don't know about how You convey to us, and not abreast with You talking into their heart, that evening they would move into that experience of really being sensitive to the voice of God.
elizabethr

Return to Faith & Religion