What is do follow and no follow?

- Link building - blog commenting
- classified adds - profile links
- article submissions - forum posting
- special sub-domains if required - and lots more...

What is do follow and no follow?

New postby mary105 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:08 pm

hello guys !
i am little bit of confuse about "what is do follow and no follow?"
and what is dependency of link juice for these?
mary105

Re: What is do follow and no follow?

New postby SKpoint » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Simply, dofollow is followed by search engines while nofollow is not followed by search engines...
SKpoint

New postby rachelsanchez365 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 am

Do follow means the search engine not crawl this link or not get link juice from the this link and not helpful in increase page rank.
rachelsanchez365

New postby dannyconer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 am

I think there is no major change between do follow site and no follow site. No follow sight will be not crawl your link in Google there is no benefit if you do comment on this site and do follow site will crawl your link in Google.
dannyconer

New postby fitorocks » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Even back then there was a level of mis-trust surrounding Google, and so webmasters and SEOs took it upon themselves to test this new ‘no-follow’ theory. Some found that the no-follow attribute did indeed work and sites did not get any power when linked to with no-follow links.
fitorocks

New postby stephenjones » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 am

Do follow website are the site which allows to provide backlinks towards your website whereas No follows Not. So for better SEO campaign you have to learn about this first because there are various no follow site and these are no impact on our SEO campaign.
stephenjones

New postby rhettricol » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:31 am

According to me when you are doing a do follow link so it can be crawl in search engines but there is no meaning to do no foll links because there is no possibility to crawl no follow links in search engines.
rhettricol

New postby dikertrome » Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 am

I would like to say something more about do follow and no follow. I guess basically Do follow means will be mentioned by Google and give you credit score in their eyes and will therefore help you rankings. No follow means will be decreased out of the Google link graph and wont count in the direction of your rankings on Google.
dikertrome

New postby James Andy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:27 am

Dofollow links are those links which allow a search engine to follow its path. It means if there is link which takes the user to the target URL but refuses the search engine is not a Dofollow link.
James Andy

What is "do follow" and "no follow"

New postby AltemaKt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Dofollow Baclinks:
Search engine crawlers crawl the whole content on your webpage including images,links,keywords etc.Whenever they find a link,if the link is dofollow link then the crawlers follow the link and land on other webpage.
If you want to (i) get indexed in google and (ii) rank high on google then you have to focus on these dofollow backlinks.

Nofollow Backlinks:
Nofollow backlinks are ignored by search engine crawlers.Whenever you are linking to any website which is not of high value then use rel=nofollow attribute in your html of the webpage.

Hope quick addition to backlinks has been helpful. :?:
Send me a PM if you find it helpful or require further assistance.
AltemaKt

Next

Return to Search Engine Opimization (S E O)