Difference between external and internal links

- Link building - blog commenting
- classified adds - profile links
- article submissions - forum posting
- special sub-domains if required - and lots more...

Difference between external and internal links

New postby mary105 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Are there any difference how Google ranks external and internal links.

Also with the anchor text, does Google put more weight on anchor text from external sites than internal.

I am wondering if I need to get bunch of sites to link to me, or if it is enough to build big, huge, tremendous site.
mary105

Re: Difference between external and internal links

New postby Elvera36 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:51 am

External links:
External links are hyperlinks that links between two different domains like domain A post their links on other domain is called, external links.
website A --Link--> website B
It play important role in improve your ranking, traffic and Pagerank because external links pass link juice, which are very beneficial to increase ranking and Page rank of your website.

Internal links:
Internal links are hyperlinks that point the links of same domain like internal sub pages links or deep links.
It helps to navigate the site and spread the link juice arround site.

Internal links point to links on your site, external point to other sites. Simple enough right. You got an internal infection it is within you right...You pass a infection to someone you are doing so elsewhere or externally right. Always use protection in your private life, but I think you get the idea right nuff said.
Elvera36

New postby homerean » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 am

There is not much difference between this links but internal links means when a hyper link comes from the one page and can't connect to other links that particular process is internal links and external link means when you are visiting some particular website and that shows some other links and they open into the other page so that is to call an external link.
homerean

New postby dikertrome » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:36 am

Another difference is an internal link is one that goes to other places within your site. An external link is one that goes to another URL external of your site.
dikertrome

Return to Search Engine Opimization (S E O)