Magento - Adding layered navigation to custom page

Softwares, CDs & DVDs.
Tell us about updates, SEO softwares, Microsoft Windows, website creation and development software, Adobe CS, converter CDs, etc
Information on training, manuals, Journals, Transcripts, etc. Please note that piracy or any form of intellectual property theft is recognized to be illegal here and will always not be tolerated in this forum.
Forum rules
Softwares, CDs & DVDs.
Tell us about updates, SEO softwares, Microsoft Windows, website creation and development software, Adobe CS, converter CDs, etc
Information on training, manuals, Journals, Transcripts, etc. Please note that piracy or any form of intellectual property theft is recognized to be illegal here and will always not be tolerated in this forum.

Magento - Adding layered navigation to custom page

New postby Jack Hard » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:31 am

I'm working on a magento module that shows particular product collections under a new controller and front-name.

Some of these collections get big, so I'd like to add layered navigation to the side of the page. (And hey, pagination and sort while we're at it.)

I can add the layered navigation block with

<reference name="left">
<block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav" template="landing/layer.phtml"/>
</reference>

What I get with that is the layered navigation as applied to the whole catalog, with categories broken, and no interface with the on-page product collection.

How would I go about wiring up the layered navigation (and hey, pagination and sort) to this custom product collection?
Jack Hard

Return to Softwares, CDs, DVDs & Training